We thought that we would share with our readers some of the ins and outs of what goes on daily at Directors’ Choice call center in order for you to better understand what it is we do. Obviously we are busy talking with your clients and their friends and family, but what exactly does that entail? Here are a few interesting details about our business:
- The most frequent call that we answer is the one in regards to service information. Many callers are inquiring about details regarding a service (when, where, directions, donations, etc.). There is often no need to forward these types of calls to the funeral director, as Directors’ Choice is able to answer the call completely!
- Our busiest call volume is between 7 PM and 9 PM on weekdays. We are on Atlantic Time and this is the period when many funeral homes turn their lines over to us. Weekends are also busy around the clock!
- Generally weekdays from 2 PM to 4 PM are pretty quiet.
- We receive our share of interesting and unusual phone calls. Our operators are trained specifically to deal with people during very difficult and stressful times.
- Not too many people in the death-care industry can say that they helped save a life while doing their job! One of our more interesting phone calls came last fall when an older gentleman called to report a death and proceeded to give his own information as both the caller and the deceased! Quick and calm thinking on the part of the Directors’ Choice operator prevented a suicide.